Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'M HERE!!!!!

So I"M HERE! I'm sat at the computer wearing a Canadian flag and all red, because today is Canada day! The kiwis are more dressed up than the Canadians! The last couple of days have been hectic. The CIT program is really great, but quite full on, theres a lot of reading and we get an exam at the end of it! We've also been doing general training, like the water search (you have to dive along the bottom of the water front to hunt for bodies in an emergency.fun.)and also the challenge course. We got the try of the 'sky scraper' which is a 50ft (I think) swing. Next week we are going to be working in the challenge course so that will be fun. I keep getting mistaken for a camper (we have junior highs at the moment, 12-14) because they all look so old. Or maybe i still look 14, who knows but its pretty frustrating! Brian and Helen (and of course baby Maya) leave tomorrow. (Its been so great having them here. They've introduced us to lots of the main leadership so that we will be looked after, (and hopefully not end up in the dish pit the whole time!) It was quite a hot day today, so being in the water was fun -minus the crabs and jelly fish, and I wore shorts and t-shirt for the first time in.... years most likely. I have the accent down to a tee already, but nobody can yet pull off mine! Anyway I'd better get to the Canada day celebrations! Ciao xxx

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi there, good weather, grrreat. The swing sounds scary and would probably cause me to yell out quite loudly - like I did last time I went on one.
Beth drove through town today and is very proud of herself. Mum read your e-mail. C ya. Dad.

Matthew said...

70 foot swing :)